To: Parents or Guardians
U-14 and U16 men’s teams;
U-16 and U18 women’s teams
Congratulations to all players on their selection to the Tsunami squads to represent North Vancouver Island at the annual Provincial Regional Championship in Vancouver the weekend of June 24 to 26, 2016. The tournament is being held at Burnaby Lake, home of Burnaby Lake Rugby Club, 3760 Sperling Ave, Burnaby, BC V5B
Travel details are as follows:
Friday June 24th
* All players will need to be at the foot passenger terminal at the Departure Bay ferry in Nanaimo no later than 4;00pm Friday June 24th.
* We depart Nanaimo on the 4:40 pm ferry and we do have a team reservation.
* Arrive in Horsehoe Bay at 6:10pm.
* Board chartered bus and travel to Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Dr, Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6 Phone (778) 782-3111
Sunday June 26th
* Arrive at the Horseshoe Bay Ferry at 6:10 pm via chartered bus from Burnaby.
* Depart on the 6:55pm ferry (This may be later depending on final game. Will contact parents if this changes)
* Arrive at Departure Bay in Nanaimo at 8:35pm
* Players are picked up by their parents. Please be on time.
* It is important for players to inform team managers if they are making alternative travelling arrangements ie leaving with parents or friends on Sunday afternoon.
We will be staying at Simon Fraser University in single rooms. There will be two coaches and one manager with each team as well as support people.
The following meals are included in the cost of the fee for the PRC's;
- Dinner on Saturday night
- Breakfast on Saturday & Sunday morning.
- Catered pita lunch on Saturday and Sunday.
There will be a food truck on site at the fields but we do not encourage that they eat a large meal during the day due to games being played.
They will need money for:
- Dinner on the ferry on the way over to Vancouver on Friday or pack own food
- Dinner on the ferry on the way back to Nanaimo on Sunday.
Please remember to bring:
* Tsunami T-shirt, the Tsunami playing kit
* Water bottle
* Mouth Guard
* Change of clothes for Friday to Sunday
* Chance of rain on Sat and Sun so be prepared
* Rugby Cleats
* BC Care card or medical insurance if out of province
Registration and Costs
Cost is estimated at $275 which includes player kit, ferry, accommodation, ground transport on the mainland, tournament fee, and some meals. Due date for payment is Sunday, June 19, 2016
Participants who were not registered in the 2015-16 season can obtain summer insurance by registering online at the link below ( cost is $62.10)
The direct link is:
Should you have any questions regarding your child’s team please speak to your team managers. They will also be able to assist you should you have questions relating to the Tsunami program, involvement in the PRCs, the Victoria Sevens Tournament and touring teams.